Tuesday 16 October 2012

Chocolate Syrup

With no more gardening to do (except watering my few indoor plants... namely cotton, cilantro and potatoes), my new project is finding DIY recipes for various mixes instead of buying them pre-assembled from the store. For example, Hamburger Helper mix, chocolate syrup for milk, Bisquick mix... all of them I plan on making myself. I've already tested out the Hamburger Helper mix and once I make a huge batch I will put the recipe on here. For now, I'll put the chocolate syrup recipe up, enjoy:

1 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups cold water

Stir all together and keep stirring over medium heat until it thickens up. Then add 1 tsp vanilla once it cools off. Store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.

I personally am going to see if this freezes because I love making chocolate milk but can't always take the time to whip up a batch of syrup every couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment