Tuesday 11 December 2012

Mixed in Advance

If you take a look inside my kitchen cupboards, you will find a mountain of baggies. Not empty though, they are all filled with powders and mixes, to make my cooking faster. If you're pressed for time, take one day a week to pre-make mixes. You'll be amazed at how you can fly through suppers! I took one day (actually only half a day) to make 7 oatmeal breakfasts, 3 Hamburger Helper sauce packs, 3 beef gravies, 3 chicken gravies, and 4 burritos to freeze. That's just from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and I even took a break to go buy some missing ingredients. And I did this all with a 2-year old running around my legs!

You don't have to stick to just powder-mixes either. You can pre-cook and freeze meals as well. If you took just one day per week to prepare for the rest of the week, you could save piles of time on the other days (especially if you have a full-time job).

No comments:

Post a Comment