We've been doing so much gardening these last 2 weeks. Here is a rundown.
- 2 rows of beets
- 1 row of kale
- 2 rows of broccoli
- 3 rows of onions
- 4 short rows of peas
- 1 1/2 rows of carrots
- 1/2 row of lettuce
- 33 hills of potatoes
- 23 hills of pumpkins/squash
- 10'x10' block of corn
- 3'x3' block of wheat (just an experiment)
NOT PLANTED YET:
- 50+ tomato seedlings still indoors
- blueberry seedlings not germinated yet - 12 pots
- still going to transplant 2 raspberry bushes
If you have any great ideas for canning or cooking these foods, let me know!
Thursday, 16 May 2013
Just got back from a trip to BC and the world is in bloom! I left while it was winter and came back to summer. I have already planted 2 rows of beets, a few flowers, a single plant each of thyme, oregano, and basil, and plan on doing the rest before the weekend. So what are you planting?