Thursday 12 February 2015

Pattern Review: Simplicity 8127

This pattern was quite a challenge, perhaps because I'm sleep-deprived, but it required complete ripping-out and re-sewing several times. I was ready to throw it out the window or relegate it to the this-pattern-sucks-so-bad-I-will-not-even-finish-it pile. It barely received a 2/10 score in my books. If the finished product weren't so cute, it would've gotten a zero. The instructions could've been more detailed, the yoke could've been more beginner-friendly by having more markings for attachment instead of just vague suggestions in the instructions about placement. The piecemeal gathering was time-consuming, and the single button-and-loop in the back has never appealed to me.

As you can see, I didn't do the elasticized sleeves, but instead just left them loose. It was a perfect length for my little girl, but that's only because I had shortened it during the cutting stage by about 4 inches. The neckline did not turn out like the pattern picture - it was humungously gaping. Overall (as you can tell) this pattern did not impress me and I will not be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment